Monday 21 May 2012

A Rather Small Haul

Being heavily in debt, thanks to a trip to Europe last year, has restricted the amount of makeup I can buy. I have had to live vicariously through youtube hauls and other bloggers but the other day I decided that my willpower could not bear it any longer. So I caved and bought some. Hurrah!

I still can't bring myself to make completely outlandish purchases on high end brands (ie. no MAC for me) so this was a very mini haul.  I went to the website Crush Cosmetics.

If you are like me and from Australia, aka the land of far far away, this little website brilliant because you can get a lot of 'drugstore' brands from England and the USA (think NYX, E.L.F, Sleek, Wet n Wild and Barry M etc.) 

AND it offers free shipping for purchases over $60 (which some could argue is a negative thing, because if you're anything like me you end up justifying needless purchases just to get free shipping).

After much oohing and aahing over what products to buy, I finally decided on these: 

E.L.F Powder Brush $9.99
I don’t use this for powder but for liquid foundation. The flat top means it works like a stipple brush so it's good for applying foundation (particularly thicker or more full coverage foundations). It’s density also means that the liquid doesn’t clog up on brush or congeal horribly. When I first used it I sometimes ended up with black hairs across my cheeks, with wasn't too attractive, but it sheds a lot less now. 





Coastal Scents Black Crease Brush $7.95
This brush is just the right shape and density to blend shadows into your crease, I really like it!


NYX Powder Blush in Mocha $11.30
NYX blushes are always very pigmented (take that as a warning to prevent looking like a clown the first time you apply them...speaking from experience). This is a really pretty colour, particularly in winter if you want to look a little more rosy than peachy! These blushes also last forever and ever because you only need to use a little bit each time. 



NYX Round Lipstick $6.95
These lipsticks have a very very creamy formula, and I mean very. I usually have to put on a lip balm prior to applying these to make it a little more sheer. That being said, they stay on for centuuuuries and feel lovely on the lips. This is a mauvey shade that looks really pretty if you have naturally darker lips. I find most pinks look too Barbie doll or cakey on me. 



So there is my rather small little haul (bit of rhyming for you there). Hope you enjoyed :)
Daisy x

No comments:

Post a Comment